Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Ready for a New Year! 2012!


Just a few days before my Christmas holidays were beginning, my class (I'm a TA) was having a Christmas bake sale. It was fundraising for our class field trip that we have at the end of the year. And I was making a poster, with all the details of when, and where...etc. Later, the teacher of the class came up to me with a smirk, and told me that I had put "October" on the poster instead of "December". I had a major whoopsie. We both laughed. I had to quickly go change it. I couldn't figure out why I was thinking we were in a completely different month. I'm not sure if it was the fact that we've been having a challenging first few months of school, and I was beyond ready for a 2-week holiday.

With that being said, I'm happy to say that I'm ready for the new year! SO ready. 2011, wasn't my year. Especially when it comes to my photography. Sure, I graduated from photography college this year, but after that I went into this block. I couldn't find the inspiration! I.COULD.NOT.
It would take so much prepping, and drive to just do a photo-shoot. It's a lot of work. If there isn't the passion, it just didn't feel worth all the hard work. I've been having issues with figuring out what I wanted to focus my photography career on.
This year, I've mostly taken landscapes. Simply because my ideas for fashion, portrait shoots seemed too out of hand. I feel insecure in that area. For one, posing is really difficult. And I get mini-anxiety attacks...where I just want to get it done, and done fast. I come back to look at the photos and realize I should've spent more time on certain shots. Therefore, leaving me with little to none... "winning" shots. 
I have a few more goals for the new year.

Marketing is #1. I plan to update my blog, facebook page more often. I'm hoping to get some prints made, and sale them. I will start small, and hopefully more business will come through from there.

#2 - Sit down, gather my thoughts, and PUT INTO ONE concept. Hopefully that will lead to a photoshoot. 
#3 - get off my ass, and quit being lazy. I keep putting photography related work aside.


Those are my main goals for the new year.

So, hopefully you will be seeing more of my work!

:)


Love,
Els♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment